Due to significant interest in the proposed changes to the Niagara Escarpment Plan, the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) is hosting two Public Information Sessions.
This will be an opportunity to speak with NEC staff about the proposed changes to the Niagara Escarpment Plan
Session #1 — Monday, September 26, 2016
Mulmur Township Offices (lower level)
758070 2nd Line E, Mulmur, ON L9V 0G8
Session #2 — Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Royal Canadian Legion, Memorial Branch 6
1450 2nd Ave W., Owen Sound, ON N4K 5P3
Doors will open promptly at 5pm
Doors will close at 8pm
For further details, open the PDF notice link below:
You can submit your comments and feedback on the proposed changes online or by mail. The deadline for providing feedback is OCTOBER 31, 2016.
Niagara Escarpment Commission
232 Guelph Street, 3rd floor
Georgetown, ON L7G 4B1
Burn Ban in Effect – Updated August 9, 2016
The Township of Georgian Bluffs has issued a ban on open air fires within the Township due to the hot, dry conditions in the area.
Hot, dry weather means the risk of fires is high, and caution must be taken. This ban is effective immediately, and will remain in place until further notice.
The ban applies to all open air fires in the Township of Georgian Bluffs, excluding area campgrounds.
The Township of Georgian Bluffs would like to thank you for your cooperation.
You may have heard through the media that Georgian Bluffs has just purchased South Bruce’s 1/2 share in the aiport for $600,000, in order to take complete ownership.
The Mayor also said that they want to keep it certified, which means that millions of dollars will need to be spent to fix it up to regulatory standard.
These decisions have been made with no public input.
The President of the Islandview Drive and Area Ratepayers Association sent the Mayor and Council a letter expressing concerns and asking for a public meeting on May 8th; he followed this up with another letter to the Mayor and Council on May 28th – he is asking for a public meeting BEFORE the Airport purchase is finalised (June 10th).
We will advise you asap if we are able to convince the Mayor to hold this public meeting.
More information to be posted as it occurs.
LETTER from IVDAARA to Mayor Barfoot and Councilors May 28, 2015