We recently distributed a Survey through the Newsletter and at the Annual General Meeting, and we asked for your feedback as to what events and issues the Island View Drive and Area Ratepayers’ Association should be involved. Thank you to everyone who participated.
This is a brief summary of the results:
- 70% of respondents said we should hold break-even member pay events and provided individual suggestions; 25% said we should not hold more events.
- When asked what type of free events members would attend, 60% said Potluck and 40% said Hiking; other suggestions included a book exchange, golf and a bus trip.
- 85% of respondents said they would be willing to pay a small fee to attend a presentation by a guest speaker or musician.
- 80% of respondents said we should be involved in municipal/political activities such as Council, Airport, Biodigester, Speed Limits, and anything relevant that affects Island View Drive.
Additional comments were:
- that IVDAARA should not restrict our social activities only to the summer
- we should have some involvement in Canada Day at Big Bay Dock and in Canada’s 150th in 2017
- and reminders to beautify our neighbourhood.
The Board will try to incorporate as many of these suggestions as possible, keeping in mind the volunteer Directors’ availability and limited time.
Thank you to those who took the time to complete the survey!