Announcing the Grey Bruce Veterinary Emergency Health Team (GBVET), created to address the fact that our region does not currently have an emergency veterinary facility for after-hours care.
What to do in case of an emergency with your pet:
1) Call your pet or animal hospital (List of participating veterinary hospitals below)
2) If closed, you will be directed to call a 1-800 number which will connect you to the answering service for the GBVET and they will put you in touch with the veterinarian on call.
3) The veterinarian on call will direct you on which hospital to go to with your pet, and what to expect.
4) You will be expected to reimburse the emergency veterinarian for services rendered at the time of your visit – just like you would have in your own hospital.
What happens after the emergency:
1) Medical records regarding your pet’s emergency visit will be sent to your veterinary hospital so that they are aware of what has taken place and can document it in your pet’s file.
2) Should your pet need hospitalization, your veterinary hospital will be prepared to receive your pet as soon as transport to their hospital is medically appropriate.
Participating Veterinary Hospitals:
Grey Bruce Pet Hospital (905 7th St East, Owen Sound)
North Heritage Animal Hospital (285 10th St West, Owen Sound)
Owen Sound Veterinary Clinic (102743 Grey County Rd 18, RR4 Owen Sound)
Port Elgin Veterinary Clinic (Hwy 21 and C.A.W. Rd South, RR1 Port Elgin)
Sauble Beach Pet Hospital (516 Sauble Falls Pkwy, Sauble Beach)
Southampton Pet Hospital (370 Railway St, Southampton)
Sunset Strip Veterinary Clinic (202421 Hwy 21, RR5 Owen Sound)
Wiarton Animal Hospital (10177 Hwy 6, Wiarton)