ARE YOU AWARE
of proposed changes to
THE NIAGARA ESCARPMENT PLAN?
Ontario is reviewing four Provincial Plans including the Niagara Escarpment Plan.
As part of the review, the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) has proposed changes to the plan.
- expanding the area of the NEC
- changing land use designations
- altering recreation areas and
- making changes to forest management policies
Proposed additions include:
- 45,677 hectares of new land are being proposed in the plan
- 32,559 hectares of the new land is
within Grey County
- significant portions of the land are located in Georgian Bluffs (4,279 hectares)
Changes to land use could significantly impact how property owners can or cannot develop their land.
Local municipalities have no decision making control for development under the jurisdiction of the NEC.
Changes to land use designations may also impact property assessment. The total financial impact of the proposed changes has not been calculated.
Information about the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and their proposed changes to the Niagara Escarpment Plan can be found at http://www.escarpment.org/planreview/index.php
You can submit comments in various formats.
DEADLINE: October 31, 2016.
DOWNLOAD OUR PDF of this page for reference.
At the same time, Grey County is conducting a Natural Environment Study with comments to be provided by OCTOBER 1, 2016 https://www.grey.ca/planning-development/green-in-grey