ARE YOU AWARE
of proposed changes to
THE NIAGARA ESCARPMENT PLAN?
Proposed additions include:
- 45,677 hectares of new land are being proposed in the plan
- 32,559 hectares of the new land is
within Grey County
- significant portions of the land are located in Georgian Bluffs (4,279 hectares)
Information about the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and their proposed changes to the Niagara Escarpment Plan can be found at http://www.escarpment.org/planreview/index.php
Changes to land use could
- significantly impact how property owners can or cannot develop their land
- impact property assessment
Local municipalities have no decision making control for development under the jurisdiction of the NEC.
It is crucial that you learn as much as you can about how the proposed changes may affect you. Time is of the essence.
Information about the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and their proposed changes to the Niagara Escarpment Plan can be found at http://www.escarpmetn.org/planreview/index.php
You can submit comments in various formats. DEADLINE: October 31, 2016.
DOWNLOAD OUR PDF for reference.
At the same time, Grey County is conducting a Natural Environment Study with comments to be provided by OCTOBER 1, 2016 https://www.grey.ca/planning-development/green-in-grey